Terms and Conditions
The Open Web
I’m a big, big fan of Open Source and Creative Commons approaches to the internet, and to life in general really.
This site’s built using WordPress, with a free theme and a few free plugins, and the contents of this site are licensed under Creative Commons where applicable as per below.
This work by Gez Smith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Discussion on this site
You’d be surprised how often sites that allow readers to post content don’t explain the house rules. The BBC pioneered writing a good set of these back in the day, and various legal teams have since tweaked the same sorts of things with many of the clients I’ve worked for.
So, standing on the shoulders of giants, here is this site’s moderation policy.
On this website you can post comments which will remain publicly viewable by others using the site. These comments are governed by a moderation policy, to ensure they remain within the law and appropriate to this site. As a result, all comments posted to this site may be moderated by Gez Smith in order to ensure these rules are followed.
As a rule, I want to encourage you to discuss and comment freely using this site, however any content submitted by site users may be edited, moved, merged or deleted at any time entirely at my discretion. Content likely to have this happen to it includes;
- Personal or confidential information relating to yourself or others, especially information which is personally identifying such as name, address, etc.
- Threats or incitement to violence
- Duplicate or similar content to that already existing on the site
- Spam or content advertising commercial products, services or events without permission
- Obsence content such as pornography, gore or content otherwise likely to alarm or offend
- Any other content liable to violate the law, such as libel or copyright infringement
This moderation policy may be subject to alteration at any time by Gez Smith, who will make reasonable efforts to ensure that all site users are aware of these changes as soon as they occur.
If you have any queries, comments or concerns about this policy, how it is being implemented or content which may be in breach of it, please contact me here.